Contract Associate Attorney/Law Clerk
Law Firm Specializing in Labor & Employment law has one opening for associate attorney, one for contract attorney, and one law clerk position.
Associate Attorney is responsible for civil discovery and all aspect of litigation, including the opportunity to join as second chair in jury trial, as well as Court of Appeal appeal work. Salary DOE.
* Good Judgment Skills.
* Good Time Management Skills
* Not transactional attorney job, resume must reflect some interests in civil/business litigation or the candidate will not be considered.
* Mandarin speaking is a big plus but not required.
* Cover letter describing your interests, qualifications and fitness in litigation is required.
Same for Contract attorney or for those who only wish to work part time. Compensation commensurate with expeirence.
* prefer college major in liberal arts/business majors, college major or subsequent work experience must reflect substantial writing experience. Current law school student is preferred, but not required.
* Mandarin speaking is strongly preferred.
* Driver license and ability to drive is required. Must be able to run some errands to court houses upon requests.
* No experience necessary, will train.
Responsibilities and Duties
* exhibit good judgment skills
* substantial writing proficiency
* client interaction.
* running errands.
* courtroom attendance. (attorney only)
Qualifications and Skills
Law clerk must granduate with Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Attorney must have California bar license.